Col. Mortimer

Cabelas Gun Safe Sale and store visit

I went to Cabelas yesterday with a friend to help him pick-up a safe. They just started carrying Liberty as their store brand. They have them on sale as well as some one Cannon models on clearance. The site has little or no info. You have to call the store or just go. My friend got a 36" wide, 30 gun safe for $999. It has a 45 minute fire rating and weights 710 pounds.

Also, they have tons of ammo on pallets. The prices are a little high. The best deals I saw were S&B 9mm, 115 gr. for $11.99 / box of 50 and the same Herten's for $8.99. The pistol primers were gone except for 100 sleeves for $4.49 - bad deal.

I'm assuming this was the Hamburg PA store? I was in there on July 5th and managed to get 2000 CCI small pistol primers. There was only one more 1000 count box on the shelf when I left.

So they have not been out of primers for very long.

Yes it was the Hamburg, PA store. They have one 36", 30-gun safe in the warehouse and one one the floor. I have a hold on the one in the warehouse. :D