Sign in to follow this  
Steve_G

NJ Constitution

Article 1 of the NJ Constitution.

1. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.

Seems to me this is absolutely violated by the state everyday.

Article 1 of the NJ Constitution.

1. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.

Seems to me this is absolutely violated by the state everyday.

+1 to that !!!!!!!

But I'd bet the vast majority of NJ Judges, Legislators and Law Enforcement officials will tell you that possession or use of firearms in order to defend those rights is OUT OF THE QUESTION and must be avoided to protect the public safety.

:mad:

I've spent a lot of time researching the NJ Constintutional Convention of 1947. There are stronger 2A statements in its history than Article I, Paragraph 1.

Such as:

A statement from the Committee Chair regarding 2A rights: There are many lawyers in our committee, and we believe that the right to bear arms is absolutely an individual right. (not a direct quote, but that is the tenor of the statement)

And a discussion that the articulation of certain rights in the NJ Const. was never an intention to exclude a particular right, including ALL of the Bill of Rights (yes, the 2A was listed in the discussion).

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us agree that the state of NJ violates its own Constitution (and the US Const.) routinely and flagrantly.

Guest megaman

We need to stand up and do something about it then! Its a shame that I have to consider uprooting my family to move to PA or VA where I know I'll be able to effectively protect them by exercising my 2A rights.

NJ is communist.