Sign in to follow this  
YankeeFan

Highest Court of Maryland Holds That Second Amendment Does Not Protect Carrying (Concealed or Not) of Guns Outside the Home

Rofl we knew this was going to happen. I actually hope the district court sides with New Jersey to so it can go to the Supreme Court for the New Jersey case. New Jersey has been without carry for years so I am sure we can wait a few extra months for the Supreme Court to hear the NJ case. Hopefully the Supreme Court will lodge its huge spiked steel toe boot up New Jersey's a**.

• Like 2

I quickly skimmed the case file and while I dont agree with everything the court said; to me it seems the title of the article is a little misleading and or perhaps the courts opinion is the right one considering the circumstances... the guy was claiming 2a protection while being accused of a crime ;ie..carrying without a permit...so technically he violated the law right?? the transporting/possesion law in MD mirrior nj to some degree ...the guy was carrying a loaded HG in a back pack and the police saw him retrieve it from under a bush..most, if not all of us here would agree a permit to carry would pass constitutional muster and I believe scotus indirectly opined as much..no? so by claiming he did'nt need a permit because of the 2a was foolish because the state law says he needed one to carry legally....I would argue that if the pending HPID card is granted to a person that it should also be a defacto carry permit..I mean if you are not prohibited to buy a HG then why cant you carry it.....they(issuing pd) could just ad endorsements to it like a motorcycle lc. is to a DL....