Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

.17hmr

I've been shooting the hornady 17 grain v-max and today i was at a walmart in del they had federal premium .17 grain with polymer tips. They are a little cheaper and you don't have to get em shipped so I'm gonna give em a whirl. The also have hollow point cci rounds. What every1 else using?

I've been shooting the hornady 17 grain v-max and today i was at a walmart in del they had federal premium .17 grain with polymer tips. They are a little cheaper and you don't have to get em shipped so I'm gonna give em a whirl. The also have hollow point cci rounds. What every1 else using?

My Hummer seems to prefer Winchester Silvertips (17 gr polymer tip), followed closely by the Remington 17 gr poly tip. As far as I know, all brands of .17HMR are loaded by CCI and all the polymer-tipped bullets are Hornady. Each brand has it's own color poly tip, and, I have to assume, that each brand has some type of proprietary load, based on the difference in performance.

Some of the most fun you can have sitting down.

Adios,

Pizza Bob