Jon

Shore Shot Friday 3/4 3:00PM

I'm bringing a friend to the range for the first time, and we will probably wind up renting a few calibers, unless a couple awesome forum members want to bring some toys out to play??? :icon_mrgreen:

We'll be there around 3PM, and I'll be bringing my HK USP 9, Browning Hi Power, Ruger .357, IMI Baby Eagle 45, and GSG1911.

I recently rented @ SS. I was caught off guard by the costs associated with renting. A stipulation of renting is use of their ammo which, as a non-member, is 2-3x it's typical price elsewhere. $10 more per 50 rounds for a non-member than member is steep.

The only thing I did like was that you can exchange the rental for any gun of the same caliber without additional rental fees.

I recently rented @ SS. I was caught off guard by the costs associated with renting. A stipulation of renting is use of their ammo which, as a non-member, is 2-3x it's typical price elsewhere. $10 more per 50 rounds for a non-member than member is steep.

The only thing I did like was that you can exchange the rental for any gun of the same caliber without additional rental fees.

every range that rents guns has the same stipulation. I dont feel the price is out of order.

I don't know what a box of 38special goes for elsewhere, but it was $23 for a member and a few bucks more for a non-member. I feel like that's a lot, but I would need to look at some local stores to know for sure.

I am aware of the rental situation there. We will be renting probably 2 calibers and buying one box of ammo for each. Once he gets a feel for which gun he likes best we will blast away with my guns and ammo.