Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Shoot_It_All

Hackensack pd now at 2 months

So i called yesterday to speak with the officer in charge and he as always was nice and courteous. I asked what i was waiting for and apparently i am waiting for mental health still (but only the local variety apparently county came back monday) as well as a reference.

first for the mental health, apparently the county came back monday and he was only waiting on local i.e. hackensack university medical center. so i was like okay thanks ill call them. called the hospital and after being bounced back and fourth got in touch with the lady who handles clearance and she said OH IT DOESNT SEEM THAT WE HAVE A REQUEST FOR YOU!!!. I said i applied at the pd two months ago she said she was going to call the officer and fax it right over to him. APPARENTLY THE PD NEVER EVEN SENT THE LOCAL REQUEST AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER SINCE THE HOSPITAL DIDNT KNOW THEY NEEDED TO SEND MINE. 45 mins later i call the officer back and double check that she called him and all was good. now onto the reference.

second the reference, i handed both references in together at same time and apparently he was missing one now. so since last week when i called he either hasnt looked or had not found it. i asked if he would please mail out another reference form he said fine. ONCE AGAIN IF I HAD NOT CALLED AND FOLLOWED UP I WOULD PROBABLY BE WAITING FOREVER.

so now all that is left is the one reference which from his response i gathered that once that is back "we should be in good shape" whatever that means

now i either face the decision to let friend mail in normally or hand it in in person to clerk again or certify mail it in to know that they recieved it. my plan is to call the officer in charge and possibly set up an opportunity to personally hand it to him since the clerk lost the previous one.

today was both very aggrivating as to the level of incompetence but also a relief since I made progress. :icon_twisted:

second the reference, i handed both references in together at same time and apparently he was missing one now. so since last week when i called he either hasnt looked or had not found it. i asked if he would please mail out another reference form he said fine. ONCE AGAIN IF I HAD NOT CALLED AND FOLLOWED UP I WOULD PROBABLY BE WAITING FOREVER.

so now all that is left is the one reference which from his response i gathered that once that is back "we should be in good shape" whatever that means

now i either face the decision to let friend mail in normally or hand it in in person to clerk again or certify mail it in to know that they recieved it. my plan is to call the officer in charge and possibly set up an opportunity to personally hand it to him since the clerk lost the previous one.

today was both very aggrivating as to the level of incompetence but also a relief since I made progress. :icon_twisted:

Ask your reference to fax a copy and mail it. This way they get 2 copies.

Apparently between weds when i asked him to resend a reference check and today he found the other reference and "his checklist" is complete and he is just waiting on the chief to sign my "change of address card" . so i call back after hearing this message. and Yes im good to go but after asking about the "change of address card" and confirming that he just meant my new fid and p2p he said they along with my application needs to be signed off on. he then said it could take about 1-2 weeks. wait to get from your office down the hall to the chiefs desk and signed takes 1-2 weeks. he said well "we are in a legal loophole" i could not respond to that because my head was half spinning from excitement of progress and half spinning from 1-2 weeks to sign a piece of paper and tryin gto comprehend what sort of legal loophole was the issue.

the magically appearing reference after i asked to resend is sketchy and 1-2 weeks for a signature and this "legal loophole" just seems like more bs to delay delay delay.

who knows maybe the our departments are just this clueless and confused as to the process involved or there are protocols in place in an attempt to delay the process. who knows really, i just know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel now.