Sign in to follow this  
FearThisInc

NICs check for each gun or only once if purchasing all at once??

I know you can do one check for a handgun and more than one rifle, all together (I did this recently).

I know you can do one check for multiple rifles, all together (I did this recently, too).

You can't buy multiple handguns without the special permit, so that's moot.

So, there you go.

I know you can do one check for a handgun and more than one rifle, all together (I did this recently).

I know you can do one check for multiple rifles, all together (I did this recently, too).

+1

I received a transfer from Tony and got my Cx4 and an AR receiver with one NICS check.

Agreed. It's a background check to make sure that you have not become a prohibited person since receiving your FPID card/Pistol Permits/last purchase, and that you are not prohibited from taking possession of a firearm. I, as well, have purchased two long guns on one NICS check. Again, just like Melgamatic said, you can only take possession of one handgun every 30 days, so keep that in mind.

You used to be able to purchase two handguns on one Nics check untill they passed the one gun for 30 days. I did it.

You were able to purchase as many handguns as you had permits and money for before OGAM on a single NICS check. Now you can buy as many handguns as are on your exemption at one time. Long guns are still unrestricted. You will need to fill out additional 4473's if you buy more than 5 (I believe) guns at a time, as well as a COE for each long gun.