gunnarsport

NRA First Steps Pistol course?

Hi,

GFH is telling me I need to supply my own firearm and ammo to take this course. Is this true, or has there been a change

in the NRA rules?? All the other trainers (CRRC, NJSHOOT) you do NOT need to own a firearm to take the course. They tell

me its NRA rules.

You do not need to OWN a sidearm. You do need to be able to handle one legally, so you can't be a "prohibited person". Go to the Shoot-NJ web site and read up on it.

Shoot NJ supplies all of the firearms and ammo for their classes, but you CAN bring your own, IF you LEAVE ALL OF THE AMMO OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM!! THAT IS THE BIGGIE AS FAR AS NRA RULES ARE CONCERNED!!

Chet & Dawn will set you straight.

Dave

You do not need to OWN a sidearm. You do need to be able to handle one legally, so you can't be a "prohibited person". Go to the Shoot-NJ web site and read up on it.

Shoot NJ supplies all of the firearms and ammo for their classes, but you CAN bring your own, IF you LEAVE ALL OF THE AMMO OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM!! THAT IS THE BIGGIE AS FAR AS NRA RULES ARE CONCERNED!!

Chet & Dawn will set you straight.

Dave

That's pretty much what I was thinking, but his question was about GFH and I still think there was a misunderstanding between him and the GFH person her was talking to.

Harry

What facility and who is telling you this, and have you called to double check there wasn't a miss communication yet?

Harry

Harry,

Definitely a mis-communication of some sort!

Going tonight to USPSA-Lite?

Na, mentioned in another thread, I'm out at the house in AZ and will be at the Dillon factory checking things out, my day for reloading are getting close.

Harry

Just remember to wipe your drool off of the equipment, especially the 7.62 Dillon Aero, LOL! YOU LUCKY DOG YOU!!

Dave

Thanks.

This is Guns for Hire's South Jersey location who is telling me this. Bringing my own revolver is fine since I recently purchased my

first revolver, but I was just wondering why he would tell me that.

Please don't think I'm being a smart-a**, but maybe so you can get used to handling your own gun!

Thanks.

This is Guns for Hire's South Jersey location who is telling me this. Bringing my own revolver is fine since I recently purchased my

first revolver, but I was just wondering why he would tell me that.

So he is telling you your CAN bring your revolver being that you own one??

Now is there still a mention that you HAVE to bring it to complete the class, again I am just asking if they said you CAN bring your own or you MUST bring your own.

This would really be something to get the real scoop on and posted in here being this thread seems to have quite a bit of miss information in regards to GFH from what many of us who have experience with GFH, and threads like this could turn people off and that isn't a good thing especially if this information isn't correct.

Harry

I took the class in Belleville and learned alot. I was clueless before I took the class. I did not have a firearm. In the class, they explain the difference btwn semi's & revlolvers, let you handle them. Afterwards, you finaly get to shoot 'em. I guess you can bring your own gun, but no ammo in the class!

Hi,

I'm completely new to guns, but I also looked into Shoot NJ, GFH, etc. AFAIK, GFH teaches the "First" class that is 3+ hours and teaches you to shoot your own specific gun. Shoot NJ teaches the "Basic Pistol" class that is 8+ hours, where they train you on both revolvers and semi-autos, so they supply the guns. I think that's the reason for the difference, but then again, I'm a newbie. :)

Please correct this, the whole thread still implies GFH makes you supply your own firearm, They do not, it was a miss understanding. Yes they do allow you to bring your own if you want to, but if you don't have one they will supply everything for you.

:thsmiley_deadhorse:

Harry

Please correct this, the whole thread still implies GFH makes you supply your own firearm, They do not, it was a miss understanding. Yes they do allow you to bring your own if you want to, but if you don't have one they will supply everything for you.

:thsmiley_deadhorse:

Harry

Ok, but now you've quoted me. :) My original post has been updated.