Sign in to follow this  
pepsi71ocean

Moving to USA(PA)

So my current job my hours are consistent 60 hours a week. while i love jersey (being out in the stix) i have come to realize a 1.5 hour drive is murder, especially when your shift starts at 6:30 and usually is not over till 8mp(some times longer).

I tend to drive up there 5-6 days a week and have started looking on the other side of the river, the job is based in Philly right off I-95. Part of the problem is the drive the other is the fuel and tolls (about 900 a month on a monthly basis), i am almost to the point where i can live over there and gain back 3 hours a day of my life.

I have been looking at New Town square, but i still fear loosing my gun collection because even with a gun safe, if your out of the house almost every day for 10-15 hours a day who is going to be watching. Next on the list if where to go shooting as my current job does have a nice requirement for shooting as well.

While i will miss Telco and Jersey it is almost becoming unforeseeable to live here and work there, the drive and the traffic, and the tolls and fuel are just getting to me.

My sister and bro-in-law live around the Chadds Ford/Brandywine/Kennett Square area southwest of Philly, right on the Delaware border.

I was down there yesterday, and it is a beautiful area. My Bro-in-law commutes into Philly from there, and takes both his car and the train.

Plus there's a range down the street targetmaster.

I am in the process of moving to PA.. what other places are open to you (in PA)?

Areas that are low crime and somewhat spaced out, mainly areas that are withing 20-30 miles of the city.

My sister and bro-in-law live around the Chadds Ford/Brandywine/Kennett Square area southwest of Philly, right on the Delaware border.

I was down there yesterday, and it is a beautiful area. My Bro-in-law commutes into Philly from there, and takes both his car and the train.

Plus there's a range down the street targetmaster.

I'll have to do some looking, thanks for the info.