7-3-2

Looky Looky ...

Did you notice a difference in the trigger pull with the bigger grip on it?

I am not sure what you are asking me, but it is certainly more comfortable to shoot. I liked the looks of the other grip, but this looks awesome, too.

The trigger pull on mine is really not that bad to begin with. It is not 4 or 5 pounds, but it is smooth and the gun is nicely balanced. I thnk with the newer grip there is much less chance of jerking or moving the barrel out of sight alignment when firing double action. For my hand, it feels much better. Its a win all the way around, as it was easy to install and I think it was $22 total with shipping. Hands down, if I ever picked up an SP101 in .38/.357 I would get this grip. I would probably go with the GP100 w/ a 3" barrel over an SP101 unless the sights were adjustable like they are on the SP101 22LR that just came out.

I like this grip so much that I am probably going to get one for my Taurus 66.

I still haven't gotten that replacement fiber optic front sight in the mail, yet, for the SP101 one that was damaged. Make sure you don't bang the end of it on anything because that is how it appears that this was damaged!

My sight came in today, and I am very happy with Ruger's customer service.

This is the Hogue monogrip that I ordered.

http://www.amazon.co..._cmu_pg__header

I bought something else to make it over $25 and got free shipping.

I may get the spring set, too, but even if I do, I am going to wait before install. I want to put about a 1000 rounds through it before I change.

You will have to let me know how the springs feel, and how easily they were installed.

Okay so I got my wolf springs kit today and thought I was replacing the stock hammer spring with the 12 lb spring ... ends up I put the 10 lb spring in. I left the trigger return spring stock and dry fired the gun a few times and all I can say is .... wooooow what a difference changing the hammer spring has made. Its now soo much easier to pull the trigger without moving the sights off target. I guess it all comes down to when I get back to the range, I know the fear of light strikes always arises when you put in lighter springs but only time will tell.

Patriot the hammer spring was very easy to swap out, literally only took me about 5 minutes and thats because I didnt have a vice. I definitely recommend this upgrade if you decide your not crazy about the stock trigger like I did.

• Like 1

I have ordered the Spring Set. I really think that the trigger setup on my particular revolver is quite nice, stock. On mine, it really doesn't jerk the barrel too much when shooting double action. But I would like to see the difference. If I install the spring, it is easily reversble, right? How does the spring affect the return after the shot?

I really didn't like the grip that came with the gun, but I have to say that I really like the Hogue setup and the feel of this gun. So much so, in fact that I want to get an SP101 with a 3" barrel in .357/.38. But, I would want it with the same sight setup as the .22LR.

If you decide you want to go back to the stock springs it is easily reversible.

The actual return of the trigger wasn't effected at all because I didn't witch out the trigger return spring and left the stock spring in place.

I bought the set but only used 1 of the springs :icon_e_surprised:

That's a sweet 22 revolver. Always wanted one, this seems like a decent option. I wish

they kept it closer looking to the 38/357 model revolvers. I just like that look. This

does look pretty classy though.