TheWombat

Belated hello from Hudson County

I just realized that I never posted an introduction on the forum. So here goes.

Hi everyone, I arrived in the US 2 years ago through a work relocation from Sydney, Australia. I'm originally from the UK and emigrated from the UK to Australia in 2007 in order to live by the sea, enjoy the warmer weather and spend my spare time sailing which is one of my passions. While in Australia I met the now Mrs Wombat and we have now found ourselves living in Hudson County.

Apart from shooting an air rifle when I was younger (and spending a few years doing Archery at high school) I hadn't considered myself as a gun owner/target shooter. A friend introduced us to Sunset Hill Shooting Range just across the border and before we knew it we were applying for our FIDs which thankfully only took 6 weeks. During the wait we undertook the NRA Basic Pistol which I highly recommend and then headed to Shoreshot to rent some pistols and decide on what to purchase. 3 months since our FIDs we now have made our first purchases, have out of state CCWs and have attended a couple of GunForHire training courses.

As a newcomer to the US we've been spending our time exploring the Americas as we don't know whether we'll be here for 5 years or 20+ years.

Thanks for making us feel so welcome and safe shooting. Please be patient with us if we are ignorant of some of the US culture, history and passions. I don't claim to comprehend the depth of feeling regarding the 2nd amendment as you would have noticed from my other posts however I hope that MrsWombat and I always present a open minded view.

thanks

TheWombat