TheWombat

Force On Force Civilian Simunition Training Level 1

I've just returned from the Force on Force Civilian Simunition Training Level 1 at GunForHire and I can say that it is excellent! We did have a technical hitch which meant no recorded video (the camera took a dive to the floor) of ourselves to review which was the only downer of the day :icon_e_sad: !

I won't ruin what the session entails, however I will say that it reinforces my belief that just going to a range and shooting at bits of paper at 7, 10, 15 and 25 yards in no way prepares you for a real life scenario, and at worst case can provide you with an over-inflated self confidence. I have a greater understanding as to why real life statistics show that only a very low percentage of shots fired actually hit the target, and even fewer are fatal.

If you are serious about being better prepared for a home invasion, or looking to CCW out of state then I can thoroughly recommend both you and your partner going to a Sumunitions course as part of a broader awareness/training regime. If nothing else it will help you understand how you are likely to react to a situation, how you should react to improve your survival chances and it will also make you more aware of your own home.

I attended today without MrsWombat however we will both be attending in the very near future.

Thanks to the crew at GFH for another good day

TheWombat

• Like 1

I did this course for the first time recently also. The single thing that differentiates this from other training, even when you are being stressed as part of it, is the having to deal with aggression face on. Nothing else compares.

Despite the fact that you know in the back of your head that it IS a simulation, the stress at having to deal with an intruder, define whether it is a real (life threatening) threat, act appropriately and then get shots on target, is HUGE. I did poorly the first time through and little better thereafter, even though the (excellent) instructor definitely slowed things down for me.

Two things were interesting: only about one of every three shots made target and , it's hard to stop firing when you start. So, forget the 5-round revolvers, people.

I'd say that if you are considering a firearm as part of your home defense plan, you should try this. If you've decided on including a firearm, you should definitely do it, at least once. I'll be going back.

G