keithco88

Ruger smith in union county area?

I have an embarrassingly silly issue I need help on. I bought tech sights for my 10/22 but I can't get the front bead out of the dove tail. I've tried every trick in every forum and youtube video I could find. I called ruger and they said they can't take it, they would just replace it with another bead..that's it. So does anybody know a smith that won't treat me like an idiot or charge me a fortune for this silly fix?

There is a gunsmith on Route 22, just west of Newark. I have heard good things about him from a few members here. Sorry i don't recall his name. Ray Ray probably would though.

Do a search for Armament Gunsmithing. There is a whole thread about them, including a picture of the building.

I have an embarrassingly silly issue I need help on. I bought tech sights for my 10/22 but I can't get the front bead out of the dove tail. I've tried every trick in every forum and youtube video I could find. I called ruger and they said they can't take it, they would just replace it with another bead..that's it. So does anybody know a smith that won't treat me like an idiot or charge me a fortune for this silly fix?

Firearms Guild in Rahway has a full time gunsmith. Depending on where you are in Union County, he could be 5 minutes away...