BlueLineFish

Considering this

Shotty looks good. Always liked where they put the safety! Have you put it up to your shoulder yet at a store? Does it "fit" you correctly? Synthetic stocks can't be bent like wooden ones (to adjust them for your body), so it must fit right from the get-go!

On another note--the fog is starting to burn-off down here in Sayreville, so you can start heading to the Range!

Maybe I'll see you there after I clean my grill.......

Dave

I have owned Remingtons and Mossbergs. While the placement of the safety is better on the Mossberg, I feel like just about everything else on the Remington is. I spent under $10 on an oversized replacement safety on my Rem 870 and it was a big improvement. I prefer the steel receiver on the Remington. If we were talking about a nice light field gun I was going to be carrying all day, I would feel better about the aluminum receiver on the Mossberg. I have read (but since it's the internet, can't really tell how widespread) of aluminum receivers bending and warping from things like banging on police car doors, etc, rendering the gun unusable. This has been on Mossys and FNs.

Since you are (presumably) looking for a "hard use" shotgun, I would consider the Remington Tac-4 or 11-87 with a 18" barrel. Even though I probably will never put the gun through that "hard use", it is nice to know I can rely on it.

No...I am planning something else for home defense. Can't really lock the shotgun up with the baby around. Thinking a g20 with a light in a nano vault

All you need is a trigger lock, Caso's has them on the back wall.

Planning something else? Dude, you have an 870! What more do you need?