Kaiser7

Recommendations on getting an AR built

Wagering a guess without weighing, about 9-10.5 lbs.

Wow thats alot heavier than I expected for an airsoft gun, I was thinking it would be around 5-6lbs.

Just for reference (and because I like posting pics of my rifle) my AR is just about 7lbs even as pictured with a full mag

IMG_3759.jpg

Wow thats alot heavier than I expected for an airsoft gun, I was thinking it would be around 5-6lbs.

Just for reference (and because I like posting pics of my rifle) my AR is just about 7lbs even as pictured with a full mag

Yeah, it's fairly heavy. Most people when they think of airsoft think of the cheap, crappy plastic spring guns. For whatever reason, I prefer heavier rifles. Most of the things I prefer on a gun are heavier too, for example, wood, fixed stocks, longer rails, things like that. Lol, when I have my full kit on it, it's about 12-13 lbs (Even airsoft M203s are pretty heavy haha).

There are plenty of manufacturers out there that will build your upper to your specs and make it NJ legal

CMMG is pretty good about it

What is CMMG?

Yeah, it's fairly heavy. Most people when they think of airsoft think of the cheap, crappy plastic spring guns. For whatever reason, I prefer heavier rifles. Most of the things I prefer on a gun are heavier too, for example, wood, fixed stocks, longer rails, things like that. Lol, when I have my full kit on it, it's about 12-13 lbs (Even airsoft M203s are pretty heavy haha).

What is CMMG?

I never even thought of those airsoft guns being that heavy, but I guess I can see the electric ones being heavy from batterys and such.

CMMG http://www.cmmginc.com/

I never even thought of those airsoft guns being that heavy, but I guess I can see the electric ones being heavy from batterys and such.

CMMG http://www.cmmginc.com/

Usually the batteries are hardly any weight at all. I use Lithium polymer batteries, which probably don't even weigh an ounce. It's the metal bodies that add the weight, and possibly the motor, (which in that gun, is located in the pistol grip)

If you call into the sales dept of manufacturers I've found most will help us out.

That was part of the reason I never got one off the internet, nothing matched what i wanted, and i doubted that they would make one or whatever. I figured what you saw was what you got.

That was part of the reason I never got one off the internet, nothing matched what i wanted, and i doubted that they would make one or whatever. I figured what you saw was what you got.

I would def give them a call if you wanted to mix and match some of their stuff.

I think I have most of my stuff picked out, but I need some help with the last part, a 20" standard (That is, not bull) barrel with the low gas block.

Otherwise I'm thinking about the Daniel Defense receiver, along with their 12" M4 rails. I don't think they come with either the bolt carrier, or charging handle.

Anyway, I originally was looking for a Novesky 20" barrel, but I'll look at anything anyone recommends. There are few rifle barrels out there, most stuff is just carbine that I see. And on the rare occasion a company carries 20" barrels, and they're in stock, they're usually bull barrels.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I've looked quite a few places Daniel Defense, BCM, Brownells, JSE (although they had a few things there that may be okay).

PSA has a 20" gov profile hammer forged barrel listed in stock, then just put a low pro gas block of your choice on it. http://palmettostate...-mp-barrel.html

Not bad, will be adding this to my choices. I don't know crap about gasblocks though, so I guess I have to look them up and see what's up with them.

Your just looking for a low pro? No rails or other crap on it right? Then you just need one like this http://www.aimsurplu...+BBL&groupid=49

Yeah, I don't really need a rail on there. I like some of the flip-down sights built onto gasblocks though.