Sign in to follow this  
Underdog

Ruger Mark III Question

I installed a Volquqrtsen Exact Edge Extractor in my Mark III and everything appears to be functioning and its back together. But, when I dry fire at the end of the take-up, there is now a pronounced click and a little roughness when it stops traveling right before it breaks. Does anybody have any thoughts as to what is going on? The plunger came out and I put it back in when installing the extractor. I am not sure if I put it exactly back the way it was. Also, the firing pin spring came off that little metal guide and I put back on, but have no idea if the spring was suppose to go a cerain way onto that delicate guide.

Thanks!

Sorry, I haven't replaced the Extractor yet (chickened out after doing the Volquartsen Trigger and Sear, which was about enough headache for one day), but there is a good video from Brandon401401 that shows the firing pin spring at about 2:47 in this youtube. He's using a 22/45, but the insides are similar to the Mark III.

This is an Accurizing kit install page, but it has good schematics and shows the trigger plunger.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=12902/GunTechdetail/Tweaking-Ruger-s-Mark-III-Target-Pistol-Accurizing-Kit-and-Target-Grip-Installation

Did an intense cleaning on it and all appears to be normal. That's exactly what happened.