Shawnmoore81

Trying to ban red light cameras

I'd love this to go through. These don't use these lights for safety. They use em to replace cops with a revenue generating machine. It's bs.

http://www.jacksonnjonline.com/2012/05/14/new-jersey-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-red-light-cameras-as-municipalities-shift-use-from-safety-to-revenue/33195/

Sounds good to me. Its BS to think it was about safety, I've seen more dangerous stuff go down at lights with these things due to people slamming on their brakes because they know cameras are there.

Not only that but all they can tell is that the car went through the light, they cannot verify who the driver is, thus the ticket should be thrown out by any non-corrupted judge.

Many cities are beginning to remove their red light cameras. A lot of it has to do with the number of tickets being overturned, the high cost of operation and the limited net revenue and questions about whether, or not, they are effective in reducing the number of accidents. Philly is in the process of reviewing the cameras with an eye toward discontinuing them.

Many cities are beginning to remove their red light cameras. A lot of it has to do with the number of tickets being overturned, the high cost of operation and the limited net revenue and questions about whether, or not, they are effective in reducing the number of accidents. Philly is in the process of reviewing the cameras with an eye toward discontinuing them.

While I for one would applaud the eminent death of the red light camera,the technology and the massive revenue it generates would suggest that either it will be modified to become speed cameras or a slow but steady modifications of traffic laws may be seen in order to take advantage of the windfall they bring .