Sign in to follow this  
Twpbaseball10

pin and welding my muzzle break to my ar-15 barrel

I have concluded that with my next build for my rifle I will end up pin and welding my muzzle break on. But first I got a couple questions..

Is it legal for me to send a 16 inch threaded barrel to my house? because I want to drill it in my basement.

Also I dont have a welding machine so I will not be able to weld it so I was going to go out and have someone do it for me bc it should only take a min...

So I was thinking of taking it to a welding shop nearby and just have them weld the pin in there for me. But if it is illegal for me to have that barrel I dont want to risk getting in trouble for having it and having the guy call the cops on me or something.

So just wondering what steps I should take in doing this. I live in freehold so if I am allowed to do this does anyone know a welder close by that I can go to?

Thanks

I had my 14.5" threaded barrel shipped to my house :ph34r:

Just make sure you cant put it on anything.

It's legal, otherwise.

I would just have some one weld the pin in place, unless you have the supplies to silver solder it, it will be cheaper to just have someone do it for you.