Rob0115

Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading

I was looking through the various recipes for something for my two 9mm pistols (Glock 34 G4, Barretta 92FS). I am 124gr rn bullets but the book shows most discontinued from manufacture and also doesn't list any recipes using W231. What gives? What's the best place to find a proper load, the powder website?

Cheers

Thanks that's a good chart. It only shows one 124gr load and a bunch of 125gr. My big concern is I have copper plated bullets and I am not sure if the load like lead or something else.

Thanks that's a good chart. It only shows one 124gr load and a bunch of 125gr. I haven't seen 125gr bullets for a 9mm on powder valley. My big concern is I have copper plated bullets and I am not sure if the load like lead or something else.

Check the data on the bullets, I know I use X-Treme plated bullets and you load them to FMJ specifications.

Check the data on the bullets, I know I use X-Treme plated bullets and you load them to FMJ specifications.

What type of powder are you using with that?

I just saw another post you made where you gave your recipe with the VV powders and the xtreme bullets. According to the load data I have 4.0 grains is the starting load for FMJ where as the plated bullets is 3.8 with the high end being 4.2 grains. My concern is that the starting grains for the W231 is 4.2 grains for FMJ and no load data listed for copper plated. I will probably order some VV N320 before using the bullets. Thank you for the information.