KramD52

Need advice for future handgun purchase

There is so much info to assimilate I feel like my head is going to explode, LOL. But on a serious note, I appreciate all of your help and the additional info.

I've narrowed my list down to those particular models due to styling that I prefer. As for caliber, I wanted a larger round for stopping power, moreso for hd purposes (higher priortity) than target shooting. 9mm is a less expensive round, but has a tendancy to overpenetrate compared to the slower and larger .45 cal round (Walther is N/A in 45 cal though). I was considering .40 cal as a compromise between the calibers (price/stopping power).

You will eventually own one of each .45ACP and 9MM. I started with 9MM and went to Shore Shot to shoot all of their rental guns to see how they fit and how they shot. After sampling them I chose a Glock 19.

Yeah, I can see exactly what you mean Kevin. Right now I'm kicking myself :icon_cry: for only submitting for one p2p. That was just plain stupid on my part. I'm starting to change my mind with regard to just one caliber after reading various info on this forum and the internet. With that, I'll most likely get a .45 first, with a 9mm companion sometime early next year. Ugh, it's true, you just can't have one, LOL.

On another note, I must say that your avatar pic is errr, uhh....... mesmerizing. :heat: