checko

Custom work on my Colt

So since hockey got locked out and I don't think its gonna get resolved anytime soon, my season ticket money needs to go to good use!

I'm looking into sending my Colt 80 series in for some custom work done. Here's my short list of work in more or less order of importance:

-Install and tune new skeletonized trigger

-install extended slide release

-refinish entire firearm (standard blue or royal blue)

-install novak sights (maybe night sights)

-install front slide serrations

-install front strap checkering

Question is, is it worth sending to Colt or is this something local smiths can handle.

This gun is gonna be my go to gun when it comes to training or self defense so I want it looking and feeling right. Opinions?

Here's what it looks like currently

268fe397-938a-46fb-a581-499c311685f5.jpg

Everything but checkering and bluing can be handled locally. Try Nick at Mastodon or Rick at OMG Custom Guns. Checkering and bluing, be prepared to pay and wait. Try Alchemy Customs in North Carolina, I think. Good work with a decent turnaround.

C

Alchemy is in Illinois.....I have used them and they are really good. I have pics on their FB page on my build. I got a Springfield on deck for another project in a couple of months. Turnaround, customer service and communication is great. Rob notifies of every move on before he starts the project......Use them ...You will be very happy....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2