Sign in to follow this  
302w

My idea for a home made MN scope mount...

After shooting my '43 Izhevsk I decided I really want to be able to see what I am shooting at 100 yards. My plan is to:

1. Acquire a bent bolt.

2. Pay a competent gunsmith to drill my receiver for a PE scope (I don't own an ex-sniper, but I want the two holes in the side).

3. Make a bracket myself that has the same basic shape of the original Ruskie designs. Should be two pieces of steel in a 90 degree angle. Then tap and drill the top of that for a weaver mount.

4. Buy a junked up 91/30 stock and refinish it/cut it for my mount. My original stock is too nice to bubba it up.

Thoughts? Yes, it is a tad bubba, but when I take all the stuff off it just looks like a drilled ex sniper...

I had added scopes to mosins before and they are not that difficult....AFTERMARKET scopes that is.... If I recall it was an ATI kit??? etc....

No problem really....however if you provide a bracket that is a side mount I see no reason why it couldn;'t be done...

But seems like allot of unnecessary work....

Little bump here...

I am having a tough time deciding. I think I am going to build myself something like this:

http://home.comcast.net/~yzhu/accumount/Russian/m91_30.htm

If I take off the rear sight, put a 3/8" dovetail block with a riser on it, then bolt a Picatinny rail to it I think I should be okay, if it doesn't flex. Thoughts?