Sign in to follow this  
Malice4you

Ultrasonic cleaners

I am getting light strikes when using my GSG-522SD. I have cleaned everything the manual specifies as "user serviceable" but the light strikes continue. I am about 95% sure the breech body which holds the firing pin is to blame, as it feels gritty when I compress the springs or manually move the firing pin.

I'm not 100% sold on disassembling the entire breech body - at least not just yet - and I've been thinking about getting an ultrasonic cleaner to see if that can do a better job than the spray cleaners I have used.

I know there are a number of different cleaning solutions I can use with an ultrasonic cleaner, be it water or chemicals. I'd rather not use chemicals as I'd like to avoid dumping them since I'd use the ultrasonic cleaner rarely at best, but if they would work best, I may go that route anyway.

My major holdup has been removing the water/cleaning solution after, and how to relube the breech body while still avoiding disassembling the entire assembly.

If this doesn't work, the gun will have to be serviced, and I'd like to avoid that if possible. It would also be nice to be able to clean other parts in the US cleaner and possibly save some time and effort.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!