mrg455

Buying gun from florida $70 shipping sound right?

I'm buying a handgun from florida, the seller is shipping it from his ffl, to mine. his ffl said by law he has to overnight plus they add on transfer fee, and a handling fee (i was told right around $70) is that price right? i thought it would be around $25 to ship from one ffl to another. thanks.

An FFL can ship handguns through US Mail. You and I cannot. You should ask for that. Priority mail would be about $25. FedEx overnight, a little less than $70. Less if you have a FedEx account. I created onne for that reason.

Furthermore, there is no law that says handguns must be shipped overnight. That is a company policy by both FedEx and UPS in order to have guns in their system the shortest amount of time, theoretically lessening the odds of internal theft.

As lunker said, his FFL can ship it via USPS. I'd go priority or registered, fully insured with delivery confirmation and tracking. Usually comes out quite a bit cheaper.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Is that legal? I'm getting a pretty good deal, but if I can save some on shipping, it will be a better deal :D

Absolutely. An individual (non-FFL) can ship a gun to an FFL, but they are restricted to using FedEx or UPS. You have to make sure that your FFL is OK receiving a gun from a non-FFL - not all are. If he is, he will most likely request a photocopy of some form of ID from the seller/shipper.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Absolutely. An individual (non-FFL) can ship a gun to an FFL, but they are restricted to using FedEx or UPS. You have to make sure that your FFL is OK receiving a gun from a non-FFL - not all are. If he is, he will most likely request a photocopy of some form of ID from the seller/shipper.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Pizza bob you are a walking gun law book awesome man!! I wanted to know that info too.