RIMD

Tinton Falls Permit Question

Hey guys,

I am a relatively new member and have posted on here a couple of times in the past. I have a couple quick questions adn was hoping to get some good information from the members.

1- I moved to Tinton Falls and applied for a permit as well as pistol permit several months ago but have not yet heard anything from the town / police regarding its progress and status. Anyone live in Tinton Falls and know what the current wait time is / historical processing time?

2- If you move to NJ with a legally purchased firearm from another state (which is legal) what documentation do you require to ensure that you can prove their legality, etc.? I had a permit to carry in another state and purchased my firearms legally while there and have since moved to NJ. What documentation should I be ensuring I save to prove their legality??

Thanks everyone!

1) Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Be polite, be firm, be persistent. Call them. If you get nowhere, ask for an appointment with the Police Chief, If that goes nowhere, ask for an appointment with the mayor. It is important to document each interaction. Most importantly, be polite. Also, join the NJ Second Amendment Society. They specialize in getting towns to follow the law regarding issuing firearms permits and id's. Go to the www.nj2as.com website. They have steps to follow. Believe it or not, they work!

2) You are allowed to bring in firearms that were legally purchased when you were a resident of another state. The only catch is that they must be NJ legal (i.e. 15 rounds or less in the magazines, not on the NJ Assault Weapon list or substantially identical to one on the list). There is a thread in the rifle section that tells whether the gun is legal here or not. No documentation is required, but you can make a photocopy of the appropriate section of the law and circle the part pertaining to you if you are worried that a police officer might not know if it's legal or not.

Registration of your guns is completely voluntary. I would recommend that you NOT do it, but that is your choice of course.