diamondd817

Writing Your Reps Made Easy

Visit this NRA page. You can use it if you are a member or not. You will be able to voice your concerns to all your Reps via email.

I sent the same letter to all my Reps, POTUS, and Gov.

I just basically said:

Please oppose any new gun control legislation. I enjoy my 2nd amendment rights. I also have a strong interest in preserving my human right to self defense. I Will Not support any elected official that supports any new gun control legislation.

You can also have your voice heard on national reciprocity -- just click on the link for it.

http://www.nraila.or...-your-reps.aspx

I just went on the actual senate pages for both lautenberg and menendez and wrote them each a long letter.

To boil it down i made these points

1. I support 2a

2. may issue in nj is a joke

3. Please reform carry laws in NJ to match a "shall issue" system, or support some sort of federal reciprocity so outside permits are respected in NJ or.....

4. Immediately disarm all of the NJ State police that are responsible for your security detail so that they and you are afforded only the same protections that law abiding citizens walking the streets of Newark and Camden have to protect themsleves.

5. If you don't want to do either of these things, then please explain to me why you believe one human life is inherently more valuable than another.

I know it won't change anything. I know they likely won't even respond. But boy would I love to laugh at a written letter from either of our senator's offices trying to contort themselves into explaining that every snowflake is important but certain snowflakes need guns and others dont.

Also said if he disarms his detail, (which he never will) even though he doesn't support my view, I would vote for him.

I just went on the actual senate pages for both lautenberg and menendez and wrote them each a long letter.

To boil it down i made these points

1. I support 2a

2. may issue in nj is a joke

3. Please reform carry laws in NJ to match a "shall issue" system, or support some sort of federal reciprocity so outside permits are respected in NJ or.....

4. Immediately disarm all of the NJ State police that are responsible for your security detail so that they and you are afforded only the same protections that law abiding citizens walking the streets of Newark and Camden have to protect themsleves.

5. If you don't want to do either of these things, then please explain to me why you believe one human life is inherently more valuable than another.

I know it won't change anything. I know they likely won't even respond. But boy would I love to laugh at a written letter from either of our senator's offices trying to contort themselves into explaining that every snowflake is important but certain snowflakes need guns and others dont.

Also said if he disarms his detail, (which he never will) even though he doesn't support my view, I would vote for him.

Great point made right there, sir.

I've written them before via email and I have gotten a written letter in the mail in response. Usually a generic draft written as a template to whatever issue you happen to be commenting on. Because mine is much more nuanced and requires a specific answer to specific deductions, I am sure they will just ignore it.

But it is an undeniable fact, and I urge everyone to use it. If they don't want to let people carry, they must disarm themselves. If they don't want to disarm, they would rather you die than you be their equal. It's that simple.

Tell bloomberg we will all put our guns away when he puts the NYPD's away first. coward

I looked up my legislators' positions on gun control. Lautenberg, Menendez, and my rep. They are all anti-gun. An in Blue Jersey there's no way to vote them out. :thsmiley_deadhorse:

I guess only hope is rest of country has some common sense...

Tell them to put their money in their mouth and disarm.

No more campaign stops at their favorite vote pickup locations...Newark Paterson Camden etc. they would never set foot there without armed security. Then they lose

They very people they ask for votes from are busy getting killed in the streets because of their sense of superiority