Sign in to follow this  
ricgnar

Sig 516 Pistol

Yeah I think its basically a no-go for all intents and purposes...the Bushmaster Carbon one is often touted as NJ legal but I think it would be said it violates the spirit of the law and I can see NJ's finest making you a guest of their hotels based on it.

I have got out of 5.56 and sold my AR and mags back in September (I know I know, if I only knew. But hey. What can you do right? No complaining I will just enjoy the awesome firearms i have now other than the AR etc.) and when I was still in, and was thinking I wanted to go all in on 5.56 and collect ARs, I wanted a SIG AR Pistol real bad. I thought it could make an ExCELLENT PDW type weapon ... since we can't have any SBR type weapons (Which is a real dream of mine to be honest) I thought, an AR Pistol , with some creative accessorizing of the furniture and sights, and a stock-area-sling swivel , you could carry it on a single point Magpul MS-type sling ,and discreetly have a ton of firepower come SHTF. When you think about it, having a powerful small package of a good SIG 516 type AR-P, say you have 30rds of decent expanding type ammo in it, and maybe exrta mag in your pockets etc, and carried on a sling with a jacket over top, you would be extremely well armed come SHTF etc.

Now I am in full awareness, this isn't allowed around here nor is any SHTF situation like that ever going to happen- but I like to come up with plans because thinking is both Free of charge and keeps you sharp, keeps your brain exercised,- and of course if and when it comes down to it, Chance Favors the Prepared Mind. :p