Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

Hi point 995 TS

I just picked up my new 995 TS today and I can't wait to shoot it. I was on my way home from work on Friday and stopped in at Pineland Sporting Goods in Jackson looking for a used 20 ga semi for my wife. They had just got 5 Hi pionts in and two were sold already. When I was standing there looking at one a guy walked in and bought one on the spot. So I figured it's now or never and I bought one too. When I got home and told the wife that I bought another gun all she said was "Nice but where's my shotgun" (what a cool girl)

Nice, she got a sister? ;)

I would recommend taking it to the range and test firing it sooner then later. I bought one of these brand new and it wouldn't fire, sent it back to the company and they pretty much replaced every single internal part. Not to be Debbie Downer with your new toy, but just a heads up.

Nice, she got a sister? ;)

I would recommend taking it to the range and test firing it sooner then later. I bought one of these brand new and it wouldn't fire, sent it back to the company and they pretty much replaced every single internal part. Not to be Debbie Downer with your new toy, but just a heads up.

I just saw the whole post, sorry no sister...........LOL

I bought a Hi Point 9mm about 6 years ago. They are ugly, feel cheap, and IMO everyone should have one for the price (which was a lot less 6 years ago). Mine has been 100% reliable with factory mags and shoots 4-6 inches at 100 yds with just about any type of ammo. It is a bit involved field stripping however being its displayed AK reliability I only punch the bore, knock off the big chunks through the ejection port, and squirt some CLP inside. I'm usually much more meticulous about cleaning but this is all the Hi Point needs to keep running.