Sign in to follow this  
wooly bugger

letter to assembly on FTF bills

Here's what I'm writing to every assemblyman in the state. I think going after the logic of individual bills might be more effective than asking for an across the board "no" vote.

Dear Assemblyman,

Tomorrow, you will be asked to vote on a number of important gun control bills. I would like to express concern with one particular set of bills.

A3645, A3646, A3666, and A3750 would ban mail order purchase of ammunition.

While on the surface, these seem reasonable, I would propose that face to face store purchases actually lead to less accountability than mail order.

In a face to face transaction, one needs only present a photo ID, which is easily forged. In a mail order transaction, one must provide a valid credit card and a matching physical address. If you wish to increase accountability even further, you can require the vendor to have an FID on file.

Could you explain any flaw in my logic? These are very high profile bills, and you can be sure that if you vote in favor, you will be getting this question from many people.

Sincerely,

Dear Assemblyman,

Tomorrow, you will be asked to vote on a number of important gun control bills. I would like to express concern with one particular set of bills.

While on the surface, these seem reasonable, I would propose that face to face store purchases actually lead to less accountability than mail order.

In a face to face transaction, one needs only present a photo ID, which is easily forged. In a mail order transaction, one must provide a valid credit card and a matching physical address. If you wish to increase accountability even further, you can require the vendor to have an FID on file.

Could you explain any flaw in my logic? These are very high profile bills, and you can be sure that if you vote in favor, you will be getting this question from many people.

Sincerely,

Technically this is required already, isn't it? To be compliant with NJ law all vendors.. B&M or online, have to verify that the buyer has a FID

Here's what I'm writing to every assemblyman in the state. I think going after the logic of individual bills might be more effective than asking for an across the board "no" vote.

Dear Assemblyman,

Tomorrow, you will be asked to vote on a number of important gun control Anti 2nd Amendment bills. I would like to express concern with one particular set of bills.

Sincerely,

Fixed it for you

I don't know what type id you use but my drivers license is not easily forged!

All I know is there are thousand of college students who could teach you how!

Or ask Joe Cryan, who allegedly has no stake in a bar run by his brother, shut down for illegally serving minors.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_auditor/2013/01/auditor_where_everybody_knows.html