O-gre

Ammo situation

Distributors cant get stock in, which means the lgs cant get stock in. Talking to lgs owner, he's thinking at least 7 months until the stock starts coming in. Even reloading is hard to do. Cant get primer, powder, bullets or brass. I only have about 3k of 223/556 in cans, with about 1k needing supplies to finish. Just got into 45, only have 300rds of that. Almost 3k of 22lr. I havent gone to a range in 2 months now, dont want to waste my supplies. Havent seen a case of anything since before Christmas. Doubt demand will go down until POTUS is out of office.

Back when Obama was first elected there was an ammo and powder/primer shortage just because people were afraid of what might happen. There were no bills being written. It took about 8 months or so to start getting back to normal. The current situation is way worse. 5-6 months is not happening. The Feds and states are writing bills and some are just starting to go into the voting phase. Until things are finalized, this isn't even going to begin to start getting back to normal. Try finding powder or primers on the net. Distributors have stopped taking orders and removing products from their websites.

You may be able to find things in stores, but it's very limited and even they don't know when supplies will be back.

I agree it's worse. But last time, I remember that Bushmasters were back ordered for more than one year. Then, several months after Obama was inaugurated, and after the layoffs resulting from the financial melt-down were going full-force, guns and ammo began to reappear.

Guns and ammo seem to be fairly basic to Maslow's "Hierarchy Of Needs", but are less needed than food, rent and gasoline.

If we know when the next recession will start, we can have a better idea of when products will return to the stores.

I'm completely dry of 9mm ball. I've got hollowpoints to spare fr my nightstand gun. I have maybe 60 rounds of .38. That's it.

Though I do have 2500 rounds of .22 thanks to the dunns deal

It sucks. I feel like I can't even go to the range because I don't want to run out.

i think 1-2 months was a bit of an exaggeration on my part... but it is just a market and no market can maintain imbalances like this for an extended period of time...

but 1-2 months shoudla been 5-6 months... more realistic

Prices finally got down to 2007 levels at the end of 2011. And this time it's worse. Things will change in 5-6 months, but normal is going to take a bit longer.

I'm completely dry of 9mm ball. I've got hollowpoints to spare fr my nightstand gun. I have maybe 60 rounds of .38. That's it.

It sucks. I feel like I can't even go to the range because I don't want to run out.

I'm in the same boat, perhaps a little better off. I want to keep about 4 to 5 k between 3 calibers on hand and am at the 4 k mark but to go shooting would mean a drop in count with serious money these days to replenish so I just don't go.

I'm a little OC,cheap and a hoarder.....not a good combination.I am looking forward to a trip to Montreal next month where I hit Gander Mountain and Walmart in Plattsburg on the way back.....if there's anything left to buy that is.

I didn't completely understand that. Do you have a mag and a reload worth of ammo for your 9mm?

I didn't completely understand that. Do you have a mag and a reload worth of ammo for your 9mm?

I've got double that. So, about 6 rounds of critical defense. But I'm dry for ball ammo (range) :-(

I got laughed out of a LGS last week for asking to buy 9mm