jds560

On average, how many rounds do you shoot in a session?

I see a lot of people selling guns with really low round counts >200. How the hell do they do it! I went to the range yesterday with my friend (his first time shooting) and we were there for about 45 minutes. We went through 240 rounds of 9mm like they were potato chips. Only stopped shooting because we ran out! How do you guys manage your ammo?

I would say it's less about the number of rounds you shoot, and more about the improvement you make. e.g. If you have technique issues that you don't focus on then the 240 rounds just helps exacerbate the issue. Then again I usually will go through around 100-150 rounds in a one hour session (typically .22 LR on the Sig P226). My training is usually:

1) buzzer

2) draw from holster

3) fire 1,2 or 3 shots depending on what technique I am training

4) fire 1,2 or 3 shots depending on what technique I am training (if appropriate)

5) holster

repeat, repeat etc

If I am doing the above just to practice holster drawer and first shot time/accuracy my round count will be lower.

TheWombat

With pistol usually 200-300 rounds. Alot less if I take out a surplus bolt gun. Everything else hides in the safe until this ammo crazy dies down. The pistol count would be alot less if I could find a range that allowed 'dynamic' movement.