cucucachu0000

My first AR and my first build

Bravo or spikes both work well... I love 14 pinned to 16... Mid length gas system...

Yea I think I'm going to go with the mid length, Idk about the muzzle break though I hear it makes the gun a lot louder for you and just obnoxious for everyone else at the range. Although it is an out door range....can't be that bad.

Yea I think I'm going to go with the mid length, Idk about the muzzle break though I hear it makes the gun a lot louder for you and just obnoxious for everyone else at the range. Although it is an out door range....can't be that bad.

Why is everyone worried about this? Guns are loud. I've never been annoyed at someone either in a bench or next to me on the firing line for having a comp as long as its effective.

You can pick a muzzle brake that is not as loud or one that directs noise elsewhere.  I have the Spikes Dynacomp on one and the SJC Titan on another.  The Spikes is pretty quiet compared to the SJC Titan which is most likely due to all the little ports on the brake.  The SJC Titan will not make you any new friends at the range.  Interestingly, the noise to the shooter is very manageable as it directs the blast completely sideways.  The noise from a PWS FSC 5.56 my buddy had was also pretty tame.  The Troy Claymore brake should also be relatively "neighbor friendly" as it directs the blast down range.

Hey bro that's looking to be a really nice build. I just finished up my first from scratch build. I was looking to save some money but it really didn't turn out that way. On the other hand you can build a rifle that is build to your specs. You can't beat a Spikes lower that's what I started with and I love it fit and finish is very good. I was looking for a Noveski but even the chainsaws were hard to come by. At least until I bought my Spikes lol.....as far as the uppers go if you assembled the lower you can do an upper. If your close to Branchburg I have the tools which makes the job go alot better. I have been using Armslist and I've had some good luck finding parts. I went with a Spikes 14.5 enhanced barrel brand new....the dude sold it because he didn't know how to weld the brake. I also found a Vltar MUR for a good price also brand new. Hope this helps the guys here are awesome and they know there shit...well most of them anyway. Haha...

Thanks VTEC I'll look into those tomorrow morning

Hey bro that's looking to be a really nice build. I just finished up my first from scratch build. I was looking to save some money but it really didn't turn out that way. On the other hand you can build a rifle that is build to your specs. You can't beat a Spikes lower that's what I started with and I love it fit and finish is very good. I was looking for a Noveski but even the chainsaws were hard to come by. At least until I bought my Spikes lol.....as far as the uppers go if you assembled the lower you can do an upper. If your close to Branchburg I have the tools which makes the job go alot better. I have been using Armslist and I've had some good luck finding parts. I went with a Spikes 14.5 enhanced barrel brand new....the dude sold it because he didn't know how to weld the brake. I also found a Vltar MUR for a good price also brand new. Hope this helps the guys here are awesome and they know there shit...well most of them anyway. Haha...

I hope you were serious about that offer, I might take you up on it. You're only 25 min away from my job in Edison.yea I dont expect it to be cheaper I just know if I buy a prebuilt rifle I'd end up replacing every part in a year anyway haha.I'll take a look through armslist I feel like it would be fun to build one head to toe from scratch. I just dont want it blowing up in my face.... Literally