Sign in to follow this  
555R

Basic armorer tool set

What are the basic tools needed for an AR15 build

I want to go buy tools for an AR I'm going to build up

Anything special

Harbor freight should have what I need but I'm not sure what I need to get and sizes etc

Browne,ls has a set but for 1200 and 1400. I would buy another whole rifle with that

Let me know please

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• I took down a deck that was attached to the house with a ledger board.  That area now needs to be re-sided.   Its a tough predicament because its such a small job, its only like 24 inches high by about 12 feet wide.  After 3 phone calls last fall i actualy got the guy who built the house to come by, he said "sure, i can do it when i get some down time".   I havent heard from him since. i get it.  its a small job.  I'm a pretty handy guy and out of desperation i could probably watch youtube videos and figure out how to patch this by myself but i think id get lost on trying to match the color and i only need a small amount of material i'd have no idea where to buy a small amount.  So i'm gonna try here if anybody knows a vinyl siding company who wouldnt mind doing what i suppose would be a 30 minute job.  I am fully aware that i would need to have his fee make it worth while for the project even though its such a small patch job.  
    • Thanks for the offer @High Exposure and hope you’re doing well.  I’ll be back in just under 2 weeks and we can all work something out. 
    • I bought the stainless Rossi lever carbine in .357 a few years ago, to match a bush rifle caliber to my revolvers. I'm pretty sure I paid under $400 at the time. Shoots sweet, reliable, more than accurate enough. When I was shopping for it I kept running into comments on gun forums (not this one, iirc) criticiziing the action compared to the Henrys, but I've never shot a Henry lever gun, and I guess I'm too dumb to notice any issues.
    • Interesting discussion. I have plenty of large, tall trees that I could affix antennae elements to . But then I'd be at the mercy of wind and lightning. Of course, a falling tree could easily take out an adjacent tower as well :-) My biggest mental obstacle with installing a tower is how to get all the pieces up the slope to the install point. A new tower is no doubt a pretty big expense, but I see them on FB Marketplace regularly for fairly cheap, provided the buyer takes the thing down.
    • Nice grab Stu! Beat me to it. @Mr.Stu And @DirtyDigz - Rumson is the next town over from me (maybe a 5 minute drive). I can be a middle-man and grab it if you can’t find a time that works for you guys and @Rob0115.