Sign in to follow this  
wooly bugger

.22 long

Does anyone use it? Is there any reason to shoot it except for old guns that are chambered specifically for it?

I bought some at Jim Flynn's today just to try it out. I though it would be intermediate between .22 short and .22LR, but I was wrong. It seems to be just a .22LR with a smaller bullet.

Shoots fine. I think I'll just hold on to it for novelty value.

Only Longs I've run were the CCI Quiet .22 - 710fps stuff that they made before they came out with the Quiet .22 LRs. The Longs seemed quieter than the LR ones... I bought 3 packs of the Longs because I didn't pay attention...

I don't see much use for the Shorts or Longs [for me], but at times like this, I'm not going to hesitate to buy any of them, as I have guns that can shoot any - S/L/LR. Anything that will allow me to keep shooting...

If there were no shortage, I might get more of the Quiet 22s, but I wouldn't get the longs for regular use unless they were even cheaper than the LRs

One more variant, the Aguila Colobris. They get such good reviews on midway, but I can't get them to group at all. If I were in a place where I could shoot pests, I'd go with the shorts.

Or the Winchester .22 birdshot. Those are great. I can get 4-5 pellets in a 6 inch space at 25 yards.