Sign in to follow this  
Old Dog

The Old Gun Hand website

I have noticed that there does not seem to be any website 100% dedicated to the older shooters who may have some medical and aging issues. The gun forums seemed to be filled with young bucks talking about firearms some of use no longer can handle. I started the Old Gun Hand website to cater to senior shooters. I hope it is OK to post that here as it is not a commercial website. No ads or money involved. I just want to share the things I learned over 42 years of shooting and especially the things I have learned to cope with advancing old age. My goal is to cover topics that seniors are interested in and provide advice and guidance in a community way.

Right now I just got it started and since it is a non commercial website I can only work on it in whatever free time I have. I have a few blog posts and links on there now but am looking for suggestions as to subject matter. I live in a very large retirement community and few visit gun forums compared to the large number of them that own guns. They just do not find things directed towards them. I hope to remedy that just as the few websites that cater to woman did for female shooters.

Please visit The Old Gun Hand at http://oldgunhand.com and leave any suggestions you have in the comment section. Thanks for your support.

Good for you man I don't think it should be a problem! I've read a lot of your posts and the maturity and experience reflects well in them. Look forward to checking the site out when I have more time us youngins need to listen to our elders!

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner