NJGunGuy

Magwell Grip - NJ Evil?

Certainly would NOT be on a long arm.

But it raises an interesting question when it comes to AR pistols.

The magwell, by itself, is NOT a forward grip, but when you install a "grip enhancer" like this on the magwell, that might just change a prosecutor's/jury's opinion

I'm wondering the same thing, I mean I have one on mine, so I'm curious also why the OP is asking

I'm new to guns (still learning terminology) and when I was reading the laws I was wondering if it would be classified as a forward grip.  With how our laws can be interpreted, I didn't think it could be considered as such, but I wanted to verify prior.

Forward grips on AR rifles are not illegal either

I have more reading to do then...I thought they were.

Grabbing the rifle by the magwell doesn't give you a lot of control IMO.

Makes sense.  I think I'm going to ultimately go with an angled grip attached to the barrell.  I haven't tried shooting with one yet, but when I've seen professionals shooting, it seems to be they are controlling the gun with their weak hand farther down the rifle.

I have more reading to do then...I thought they were.

Makes sense.  I think I'm going to ultimately go with an angled grip attached to the barrell.  I haven't tried shooting with one yet, but when I've seen professionals shooting, it seems to be they are controlling the gun with their weak hand farther down the rifle.

Read this.  Post any other questions you have after.  We're here to help, don't get jammed up for something silly. 

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24378-is-insert-any-semi-automatic-rifle-legal-in-nj/