Sign in to follow this  
Eff P

Voluntary XDs Recall

I just saw this and I figured I'd share it here.

Springfield Armory® is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

Link: http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/breaking-springfield-issues-safety-recall-for-xds-9-and-xds-45-pistols/

BE ADVISED OF THE RECALL ON ALL SPRINGFIELD XDS PISTOLS IN BOTH 9MM & 45ACP. IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED AN XDS PISTOL FROM RTSP, ALL SUCH PISTOLS ARE WITHIN THE SERIAL NUMBER RANGE AND ARE SUBJECT TO RECALL. 

PLEASE REFER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE TO SPRINGFIELD USA 800-680-6866