Sign in to follow this  
Malice4you

150-300yd ranges near EFGA

I'm a member of EFGA, but lately, I've been wanting to try my hand at longer distances with my rifles (centerfire as well as rimfire).  I'm [only just barely] in Morris County and not too far off rt78, so I'm ideally interested in ranges where rt 78 might be a majority of the drive to the range.  If I can be even more specific, I'd love for a place less than an additional 45 minutes of driving from the first exit in PA off of 78.  Where should I be looking?  Google for intelligent results is not as helpful as I'd have hoped.

FWIW, I'm not especially interested in going to Range 14, nor places with expensive memberships (say over $100/year) - I'd rather spend my money for ammo to use on a range, than to be part of some exclusive club with only 375 members and a wait list of 3 years.

So far, in my searches, I have found out I can shoot at PA public ranges if I get a $30 permit, and there are some longer range public ranges that don't seem like they are too terrible a drive.  The three round loaded thing might annoy me, but the price is right.

Where else should I look?

Thanks!

Price is right and the 3 routes are 1H30M (±3 minutes) total drive...  This may be the place.  After looking over the site, I don't notice anything about guests, anyone know what the story is with bringing a guest?

Thank you for the suggestion!  I appreciate it.

Anyone else have any more thoughts?