illy

OGAM now 33 days?!?!

I stand corrected, but what actually happens is that a person will come in to buy a handgun and sales will ask "have you bought a gun in the past 30 days?" The salesman will ask what date the person took possession of the gun, ie: the date on their last permit. Example: Person took possession of the gun on December 12. December 13 would be day 1 and you would count 30 days from 12/13. If good, NICS will be run. SS also has date checker software. I've seen too many denials from the State Police because someone is under 30 days. To my knowledge, the denial stays with you, so why take a chance. The 30th day is also confusing. So, think buffer. Blame the State for this nonsense.

I dont understand. Is it 31 days or 33? The State says 30 starting the day after pickup but SS website says 33.

I've seen too many denials from the State Police because someone is under 30 days. To my knowledge, the denial stays with you, so why take a chance. The 30th day is also confusing. So, think buffer. Blame the State for this nonsense.

So they're (SS) doing us a favor, rrrright. Bulls*hit, f*ck them.