45Doll

The Unvarnished Truth On Concealed Carry

I was on a 2A website somewhere when an ad filled in on the sidebar talking about the 'real' story on preparing for concealed carry.

OK, I'm in New Jersey and I'll never legally carry concealed here. But I won't always be here. And I carry in my house and on my property. So I clicked on the link.

I was taken to a slide/video presentation. One of the ones you can't pause or stop, so you know right away this is probably a pitch to sell you something. And it was.

But it held my attention, and i did watch about 25 minutes of it before my company arrived. (Super Bowl Sunday) Whether or not the guy was making a sales pitch, I thought the arguments he was making were mainly valid. (e.g. There's a big difference between target practice and a gunfight.) That's why I kept going. And now I've gone to the home page on the website, which contains a lot of the material in the presentation I saw, minus a dash cam video from a real police encounter where the officer died. I'm not sure if I'll buy his training product or not, but I thought it was worth looking at and considering. If you feel the same, go to the Amazon link and read the product reviews, which are almost entirely favorable.

I'm mainly interested in preparing for reality, not checking off boxes in a list that supposedly means I'm 'prepared'.

The website is: http://concealedcarryconfidence.org/

The presentation URL with the embedded video is: http://concealedcarryconfidence.org/concealed-carry-training-d/?c1&gclid=CKej0r7TwcMCFQaOaQodxjUANA

I thought some of you might find this educational. I think the presentation URL is worth watching. You know in advance it's a sales tool, but listen to what he's presenting.

And no, this guy is not my relative.

My comment is no way meant to pass judgement on the produce itself but something that struck me as soon as I opened that site.

"Web marketing" definitely popped into my mind when I first hit the site, so I agree with your impression. The question I'm working on now is whether the guy has some really valid points about preparing to carry concealed. I have the definite impression a lot of CCW people just buy what they think is the right gun, strap it on, and hit the street. That will not be my approach, when the time comes.

I'll have to look up some of the statistics he quotes, and talk to some of my LE acquaintances who have more experience than I do.

Perhaps some of our LE members on the forum will offer their perspective.