Sign in to follow this  
liquidskin

Buying first compound bow

Got my hunting license 2 years ago with the intention of getting into deer hunting, but only did some squirrel with air rifle.. Seeing bucks in my area, the deer bug has bitten me once again. I have a shotgun hunting license, but what I'd really like to try is bow. I have the yard to practice with it, so I just need the equipment.

Any suggestions for a good store that will help match me up with the right bow? How is Cabelas in this department?

I would recommend a local shop over Cabelas.  Your location says Hunterdon County, I don't know how far you are from either Sportsmen's Den or Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters, but both have excellent archery technicians.  They are both on rt 130 in Bordentown I believe.

I would recommend a local shop over Cabelas. Your location says Hunterdon County, I don't know how far you are from either Sportsmen's Den or Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters, but both have excellent archery technicians. They are both on rt 130 in Bordentown I believe.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm in Bethlehem Twp, so those places are an hour+ away. Would prefer to stay closer, but if they are the best I would def consider it. Is Heritage Guild good for bow sales?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm in Bethlehem Twp, so those places are an hour+ away. Would prefer to stay closer, but if they are the best I would def consider it. Is Heritage Guild good for bow sales?

I cannot comment on Heritage Guild but I am sure there are reputable shops near you.  I am sure someone familiar with your area will chime in.