Scorpio64

Meet and Skeet at Range 14

Lately I've been getting the itch to dust off my trusty old 870 express for some skeet.  I'm a member at R-14 but have only shot rifle so far.  How does the skeet thing work there?  It seems like it's run separate from the main firing line.

So, this is kind of a two part post, first to find out how they run the skeet range and also to see if anyone here would be interested in reducing some clay pigeons to dust.  Not sure exactly when I'll go again (was there just today wasting some disposable income). 

I'm thinking the first good weekend in March when the forecast calls for 50 deg + would be good.  hmmm...  I guess you could call it a meet and skeet. Maybe even combine it with some time on the main firing line too.

Last time I was there it was $3/round. I think it might be a dollar or two more now. The desk will set you up with a station and you pay when your finished. Clays included and bring your own ammo.

I'd be interested in going. I have a bunch of new guns that need to be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can hit any WMA if you have a hunting license or someone in the part does. You will need your own thrower and clays. If you don't have access to that people who do are always looking to shoot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Was out there last December and I think they only have one trap station that's functioning the other stations were setup for skeet. Apparently they were trying to get bids in to renovate.

So I think skeet is fine but trap is pot luck if someone's on that station.

using Tapatalk

With 149 views now, I'm guessing there is some interest, or at least curiosity about this.  So far we have three R-14 members likely to participate so we can guest up to 12 more non-members.  If you are interested, especially if you are a R-14 member, please let me know.  I like to play things loose, meaning keeping it casual, but if enough people respond I will see what I can do about arranging a more structured event.

I'm thinking we can start out at the skeet/trap field, then move on to the main rifle/pistol firing line for the after party.