Sign in to follow this  
Lambo2936

Where to visit when OTW to Philly zoo?

Hey all, as the title suggests, i am on the way to the Philly zoo in an hour or so(pit stop at iHop). I want to pick up a remington 700 (dicks has the ADL in black for 499.99 with a scope) while im out there. Any suggestion on where to go? Cabelas, Bass Pro are both in the area. Heritage guild Easton is north. Id like to pick it up and stop at one of the three. Not sure if gander mountain has a store there.

Which of the 3 would have the better selection & price? I know bass pro in atlantic city had a 783 for 330$ while it was 380 at dicks sporting goods but it was too late due to nics closing.

What do you guys suggest? Id rsther support my LGS but heritage is hardly small and i did spend 4k+ there like two or three months ago so they already got a ton of my business.

Please respond ASAP cause i dont have long LOL. I may also pick up a lever action of some sort if i find a nice one at a nice price. P

Lambo- I have a 700 SPS varmint 26" bull barrel in 7mm08 with a Bushnell 3x9x40 scope that I have been thinking about selling. I live in flemington and home most of the day today if your intrested let me know. I also have brass and dies if you reload. The rifle has been through the recall

Thanks for the offer but i was lookin at a 308. If they have nothin good ill holler. Send me pics and price if ya dont mind and ill see what they have for how much. Going to make sure cabelas will sell to us New jerseyans and then probably go there in a bit.

Cabelas will sell to you no problem.

Quick anecdote for you. My buddy just got his first pistol. He went to heritage because for $80 you rent 4 pistols and then they give you a $40 discount towards a gun purchase that day only. Well they wanted $200 more then Jim Flynn so he ate the money and bought elsewhere. Still saving him a ton of cash that can now be spent on ammo.

I bought a benelli from them that was $20 cheaper then anywhere else so I guess it depends on what you are looking for. (I'd go elsewhere and pay the extra $20 after my previous experiences)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, i've heard some horror stories,  but the guy's i dealt with were fairly nice. Their prices are simply outrageous though; i wish i new better prior to my initial large purchase when i got my FID. Ended up buying ammo online for 66% of the price online after spending like 200$ on ammo there and would have easily saved $300-400 purchasing the rifles and handgun i purchased elsewhere if i shopped around. It is what it is; i got what i wanted and took them home the same day.
Cabelas WILL sell to NJ residents in PA, but Bass Pro Shop refuses to do so; "Store Policy". I now refuse to buy anything from them. There is no reason why Cabelas less than an hr away is fine with doing so given you have the proper paperwork while Bass Pro refuses to do so. Too bad.