Teky0101

Advertising Suggestions? - Training Courses

Hello Everyone,

I am the Web Manager for a south jersey based sporting goods facility. We recently started offering advanced training classes including Defensive Rifle, Defensive Pistol, CQB and Transitions. These initial courses are level 1 so anyone can attend these courses who meet our basic requirement. Our first official course was this past Sunday and attendance was a bit lacking I believe due to advertising. I would like to spread the word about these courses so I was wondering if anyone has any great suggestions of organizations, clubs, stores or websites where we could advertise to increase exposure and our course attendance? These are quality courses taught by very professional instructors who focus on teaching proper techniques to develop a quality skillset in shooting. Thank you for any suggestions you could provide.

Sincerely,

Teky0101

PS: I already have an inquiry into the NJ Gun Forms for pricing to become a sponsored training vendor. 

I have a couple of websites.  Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is something you'll have to learn if you hope to get customers via the web.  I don't know how your website is hosted but there are some really great plugins that help you through this.

You'll need to know who your market is very specifically, otherwise you'll be creating pages that Google will deliver to every gun enthusiast in California - and that does you no good.    Lots of relevent content that's written specifically for your narrowly defined audience is the key.  And don't try to game the system by throwing in lots of keywords to get attention.  Google's ranking algorithm is very smart now.  It will throw you to the bottom of the Google list where nobody will ever hear from you.

You're in a crowded market.  Getting attention via a website is going to be a lot of work.

Hello Maintenanceguy,

Thank you very much for the suggestions. However, the website does pretty well with SEO but you did provide a good idea. I am going to check and see how much our website is optimized for the training. Perhaps working with our hosting company we could boost the rankings for our new academy. Thank you very much for your help and I hope you have a great day.