Underdog

CZ 527

I almost bought a CZ 527 bolt gun.  I think it was a CZ 527?  It was a little bolt-action chambered in 7.62x39.  I really liked the iron sights and the feel of this mid-range caliber bolt-gun.  Has anybody had experience with one and did you like it?  

Thanks, I missed that thread!  It was at a PA gun show today that was in Portland.  I really want one now.

I wonder if a forward mounted scope could easily be put on one?  This could kinda function as a Scout Rifle...   It was nicely blued. it would be cool if there was a more durable finish for it instead of beating up the bluing and the nice wood stock.  And it wouldn't kick as bad as an 03A3 Sporter and a lot cheaper to feed.  I like the idea of the detachable mag, but apparently it cannot be fed while on the rifle. .

I was also considering  finding a Savage Scout Rifle in 7.62x39.  I would consider the Ruger if it had backsliDing Sights.   I would also consider the CZ youth model.  It seems that would make it a little more maneuverable/handy than the standard 527.