gunforhire

This week on GFHR #435 We are rapidly approaching full blown communism, can we stop it? We also discuss the lefts plan to divide and conquer us!

First and foremost, I'd like to wish Anthony congratulations on not having to run on petition for the Board. 

I think your message this week will be well received, and shows the first of many steps needed in the direction to transform the NRA back into an organization focused on the 2A. I was glad to hear you speak openly about "The 'Nuge" and his lack of attendance - this again calls back to my point that the BOD needs to reevaluate itself. I personally disagree with mandatory attendance, and prefer that the BOD be slimmed down for better effectiveness. But it's a start if members in session are at least openly speaking about it.

However, I do struggle with their recent hiring of Wade Callender for two, maybe three, specific reasons:

1) It's a struggle to think an intellectual property and trial lawyer with little practical 2A experience is best suited in this seat. Hiring Evan Nappen (or another states equivalent) would have made more sense, but time will tell. A good Christian who owns guns? There's lots of 2A lawyers like that, with experience.

2) Wade seems to have some questionable issues with his former employer, Gearbox. Their senior staff has gone as far as to publicly state they separated ways due to his use of corp finances as a "personal piggy bank". I also have a corp credit card and do use it for personal items at a small scale, but the message has been this wasn't $10 for lunch, this was large purchases for personal use (like a gun club membership - and while I support his right to join whatever club he chooses, as an employee he should not be doing this EVEN MORESEO in this day and age as his employer may not share those values OR they don't wish to have any official stance on the 2A). At a time when ethical and behavioral practices have a microscope on them at the NRA, this is just a stupid, self-inflicted wound.

3) Wayne has publicly decried the violent video game industry in years past. So let's go hire a guy associated with two ultra-violent games (Borderlands and Duke Nukem)... Slightly more disturbing is that I wonder if these factors were even considered. There's been dancing around the whole NRA stance on video games in the past, but now their folks are ok. More noise we don't need.

Murph to Mumbai. Full disclosure, the businesses he visited already have footprints here in NJ. He was looking how to incentivize them on hiring more people in the state. What isn't clear is will they be current NJ residents or H1's shipped in. Regardless, there was 0 reason for him to travel to India for this, he could have gone to the offices in Menlo Park / Edison area. A worthless trip, with no actual value for the state.

Red-flag laws in NJ. I went the other day to purchase a firearm in my area. When I mentioned these new laws, the person behind the counter filling out my 4473 didn't know what I was talking about. This wasn't a Dick's or Bass Pro, this was a NJ FFL with a storefront. As a sidebar, I've been extra nice to anyone. So there's a silver lining I guess...

My "spidey-sense" is tingling though... because of the 2020 elections soon, the NRA is considering it's tack around Wayne. Well, to solve it for you, I think Wayne should offer to "retire" naming a new face to the NRA. If done around Jan of 2020, this would give enough time for the next person to be out changing the NRA's public image.