Sign in to follow this  
unloco

AR15 Varmint Upper

Hey guys, i've been looking to purchase a decent but not too expensive flat top Varmint 20" upper assembly for my first AR build. Got the lower and kit okay, but cant seem to find what i want online. Every dealer or supplier is either out of stock and dont back order. Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance!!!

Yes, thats the one i want, but i called them and was told basically forget about it....they are completely out and dont know when they will be in. So i will try and get another brand if possible. Their price is about what i wanted to spend for my first AR. Dont want to go too crazy, but i want a decent one!

That is the problem with most of the gun sites. They just like list the things they don't have. I think it is going to be more and more available. I show a Sig AR15 at Efinger today with reddot. This is about the first time I saw an AR there for the last 8 months.

Hopefully it all gets better...i have a DPMS kit coming and i have a Spikes tactical lower. My first rifle is a russian Saiga 223, a great rifle and amazingly accurate for what i paid. But i cant wait to start my AR build.

My nephew was going to build an AR and after seeing how hard it is to get parts, he decided to part with it. He's had it for quite some time now. I know how hard they are to get. Had to convince him to give it up...lol

Well, i guess if i see something, i will let you know for sure...guess its gonna be a long wait. I really dont mind, and for the meantime, im going to pickup a plinker tomorrow at one of my fav toy store in Rockaway. If he still has the GSG 5, im bringing her home.

He quoted at 550. I went to a Gun show in PA and they wanted 580. Bullet Hole had em, according to the guy i spoke to today, at 530. Arms n Ammo has one for 578...so, they're all about the same...shame is that i am at walking distance from Bullet Hole and everything flies off the shelves there. I'll let you know tomorrow if i get it...

BulletHole had a couple last week and one stayed there for a week. But I did not see it the day before yesterday. They must got some shipments yesterday. I think it will be there when you get there. They have the best prices around this area as far as I can tell.

I have to say, Frank is a man of his word. Got my GSG 5 Aniversary edition. Nice plinker. He definately has a great inventory and amazing knowledge of firearms and laws in Joysy..lol...i'll post some pics later on today. Sig Sauer is at Bullet Hole today and that place is packed....fun, fun, fun!!!

The diffrence is mostly cosmetics...the GSG 5 SD comes with titanium color uppers, ribbed rubber like forend and a larger fake supressor can covering barrel. Its has the "1st Aniversary GSG 5" etched on the upper reciever...very nicely done.

The diffrence is mostly cosmetics...the GSG 5 SD comes with titanium color uppers, ribbed rubber like forend and a larger fake supressor can covering barrel. Its has the "1st Aniversary GSG 5" etched on the upper reciever...very nicely done.

yup, saw an anniversary edition. They come in a few colors, but it was done very nicely.