Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Anyone have experience with Sig 2022?

Mak,

A shooting buddy of mine had a SIGPRO 2009 and used it for IDPA. I really liked that gun. It had a long trigger pull, but when it broke, it broke clean and crisply. It had less reoil then a 226 I had at the same time, I dont know if that was the polymer absorbing or the grip angle, either way it was totally subjective. It was very accurate, their was no arguing that fact. It was easy to shoot and shoot well. The grip feels big but I that is just the rounded design of the grip that fills your hand. 15rd capability cant be beat in NJ.

They used to sell the 2009 and the 2340 for under $400... I might pay $500 for one...

they redid the 2340/2009 as the 2022 to go to a uniform integral rail and get away from the proprietary one that was on the 2340/2009.

2022 goes as the SP2022.... still on their website. If you see one for a good price, I would try it... it is hard to find 15rd NJ legal 9mms nowadays in a modern design. Everyone is trrying to reach that 20rd cap target think....

axeman,

The SP2022 9mm 15 rounders are readily available for ~$40. It's harder to find them for $20 like I used to. Several tables had them for $25 NIW at the last Valley Forge Gun Show.

TopGunSupply has them in stock now for $35. http://www.topgunsupply.com/sigpro-2022-2009-9mm-15-rd-magazine.html

Cheers!

--Daniel