Sign in to follow this  
ah141nj

NRA Certified Instructors - Introduce Yourselves

Can we start a sticky of NRA Certified Instructors.

New shooters are always looking for instruction.

Maybe instructors can pool their resources together to hold classes, team up and become a training group.

Different counties of the state can have a different group of instructors & different disciplines.

Cover the needs of the state so to speak

State your discipline(s), location, lesson schedules etc.

NRA Basic Handgun, Personal Protection in the Home and Metallic Cartridge Reloading. Personal Protect Outside the Home is in the works as soon as the NRA gets some areas of concern cleared up. I still hold the certification from the NJ Police training Commission as a Firearm's Instructor and certified to conduct the NJ Retired Police Certification Course. That might come in handy if anyone from NJ moves up north and needs one. So far, only one.

Unfortunately people will have to come north to attend our many classes. But you could attend in worse places. It is a great area to vacation. Not to mention Sig's Academy is only a few miles away. another great training site.

Having the club facilities available we can allow the students much more range time then possible in some sites. We also hold classes at a slightly over break even cost and always have a one to one student / instructor ratio. That's the nice part about having a vast amount of people who truly love the sport and wish to pass it on.

The NRA Basic Handgun course does involve hands on shooting during the time frame. We hold the course over 18 hours and it involved a hundred rounds or more of 22lr and fifty to a hundred rounds of center fire in various calibers.

However I have no idea what Florida requires under their licensing procedures. I must also point out that in no way is it a defensive handgun course, nor doe it cover in any great detail the legal ramifications of the defensive use of a firearm. The followup course of Personal Protection In and Out of the Home cover those areas in some detail.

As each state has various laws governing the possession and use of a firearm, those details must be investigated using valid sources. Someone's opinion on a internet site given by someone who's background in unknown is not the best source. Not when you financial well being and future depend on it. I would take nothing at face value from anyone. Information here and other sources can lead you in the right direction but it is up to each individual to document and verify that information.

While this is slightly off topic, reading the statutes is a start by FAR from the only source to govern any actions. As any lawyer will know, the case law stemming from those statutes is the only way to determine what is truly the normal course in a firearm's issue (and many others).

Ok, I'll rephrase the question.

Would one of your hands on pistol classes give me a certificate of completion?

A NRA First Steps or Basic Pistol class you will get a certficate of completion.

That can be used for a FL CCW. However, a pistol defensive class should be attended as well for a CCW. They are very much 2 different types of instruction.

Sorry, missed this posting for some reason.

You can find my website in the vendor section.

NRA Certification in :

Home Firearms Safety

1st Steps and Basic Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun

Personal Protection in the Home

http://www.high-calibre.com

Mitch

Wow ! , sorry about the logo size, gotta fix that.

instructor_logo.jpg

NRA Certified Shotgun, waiting on NRA paperwork for Rifle, Muzzleloading Rifle, & pistol. I am also a certified RSO. Plan on being metallic and shotshell reloading instructor certified by the end of the year.

I teach almost exclusively with Stir & Shoot in Sandyston, Sussex County, NJ.