EdF

Application of Current Gun Laws

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I wanted to throw a little story out here:

I know of a young man, we don't need to go into how I know him, who was arrested  in Willingboro, NJ, with an unlicensed handgun and large capacity magazine, during the summer of 2021.  This included criminal trespass, deviant trespass and a number of similar charges.  The warrant was "recalled".  He was arrested again, in Palmyra, NJ, , with another handgun and drugs in November of 2022.  There is no outcome listed for this charge.  My wife and I continue to look him up on the court sites waiting to see a resolution on those charges.  Today, she discovered that he was arrested in April of this year, in Philly, for manufacture of illegal drugs with intent to distribute.  Appears to be out on bail.  

By the way . . . His mother is a corrections officer.

So, we have TWO gun charges, TWO drug charges and he's still walking free.

I don't see much that I can do with this information but I'm interested in comments.

15 minutes ago, EdF said:

By the way . . . His mother is a corrections officer.

So, we have TWO gun charges, TWO drug charges and he's still walking free

Sounds like someone who's a confidential informant of some kind.

If he's rolling over on other people his charges could get kicked/reduced...

That’s the way the system works … criminals are catch and release… law abiding people  get nailed to the cross with full penalties applied …… “peaceful protesters”  get free rein to burn down cities… be sure if an honest person with nj cc permit made an honest mistake and accidentally violated one of the undoubtedly intentionally vague laws they would be made an example of 

• Thanks 1